Recently Christine invited me to join her for an advance screening of the film Moms’ Night Out. Things had been particularly cray and I needed a break so I was excited about the opportunity to hang with my girl. Here’s a little about the movie
“All Allyson and her friends want is a peaceful, grown-up evening of dinner and conversation . . . a long-needed moms’ night out. But in order to enjoy high heels, adult conversation and food not served in a paper bag, they need their husbands to watch the kids for three hours—what could go wrong? MOMS’ NIGHT OUT is an endearing true-to-life family comedy that celebrates the beautiful mess called parenting.”
Now, I gotta tell you, when I saw the trailer I thought it looked corny. I did however like the fact that this was a family comedy and that it was Christian based, plus the trailer gave me the giggles. This movie was actually really relatable and funny. Really freakin’ funny. They also tried to make me cry a few times but the thug in me just would not allow it. What can I say, I’m a G.
One of the things I enjoyed most about the movie was that it reminded me that it’s okay to take off my superwoman cape sometimes and just be me…perfectly imperfect me.
In the end, I was right. The movie was pretty corny, but it was the best kind of corny. It was make you laugh, cry and feel really good kinda corny. There’s something in this movie for every kind of mom and it’s definitely worth grabbing your girls and checking it out.
Just in case you’re not sure if you’re in need, here are 10 signs you need a Moms’ Night Out:
- You’re so used to being called mom, mommy, or mama that you’ve forgotten your first name
- You find yourself belting out Disney tunes…when the kids aren’t around
- You keep washing the same load of laundry because you keep forgetting to put it in the dryer
- Friday is no longer something to celebrate…moms don’t get weekends off
- You actually do the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse ‘hot dog’ dance
- You lock yourself in the bathroom/closet/laundry room just for some alone time. *extra points if you take entertainment*
- You find yourself waiting in anticipation for the sweet release of bedtime
- You want to eat at a restaurant where the menus aren’t coloring pages
- The last ten movies you’ve seen are all animated
- Your closet has become a museum of ‘going out’ clothes that you never wear
If any of these sound familiar, it’s time for a Moms’ Night. Call up your girls, mark your calendars, grab some popcorn and enjoy. Moms’ Night Out hits theaters on Friday May 9th.
When was the last time you had a mom’s night out and what did you do?