Hey there fellow foodies! As we promised you last week, welcome to our first Tasty Throwdown with a Twist! I have been
threatened asked by several people for the recipe for this chickpea and kale salad. So I figured, what better recipe to start with than this? It’s super easy and super tasty! All of my kids love this salad and are happy to eat it when I make it!
So here are the ingredients you will need to get started:
- Adobe – all purpose
- Mrs Dash
- Weber New Orleans Cajun spice
- Balsamic vinegar
- Curry powder
- Lemon juice
- Red onion
- Sea Salt
These are the steps that I use:
1. While the chickpeas are boiling, I cut up equal parts of tomato and kale, and about 1/4 cup of red onion.
2. I use about 3-4 cups of kale and set that in a bowl. I take about 1-2 teaspoons of salt and pour it over the kale. I then take a few cap fulls of the balsamic vinegar and lemon juice and pour that into the bowl as well. You want the kale to be wet and evenly coated, but not soaked. I let all of that sit and put it in the fridge for about an hour by itself.
3. Once the chickpeas are chilled, I combine them with the kale.
4. I then add the tomatoes, dried crandberries and seasonings to taste.
This salad tastes best when you have mixed everything together and have allowed it to sit and marinate in the fridge for about an hour or two. Once you’ve done that, you can taste it to see if you like it or prefer to add other seasonings to it. When I don’t get the “right” taste I’m looking for, I usually add more of the adobe, cajun spice and balsamic vinegar.
Here is what the finished product should resemble: