Because I wake up at 5:30 in the morning, I was fast asleep when late last night Queen Bey set the internets ablaze with the first official picture of her now 1-month old twins, Sir and Rumi. I woke up this morning to just about everyone re-posting the now almost iconic picture. If someone knows the power their social media account, it sure is Beyonce. She’s utilized Instagram a fair bit during this pregnancy, ever since the equally iconic pregnancy announcement.
Random side note: was I the only one tryna figure out how she was holding the babies? Lol
Did you know that the names of the twins were “released” when the Carters filed trademark licenses for the names? Well actually her holding company, BGK Trademark Holdings, filed the paperwork. The company has also trademarked the names Beyonce, Beyhive, and Blue Ivy Carter.
With the internet struck with sudden twin baby fever, I thought I’d share these 10 famous twin moms (and dad) whom you may or may not know about:
1. Holly Robinson-Peete – Ryan & Rodney
2. Mariah Carey – Moroccan & Monroe
3. Wanda Sykes – Olivia & Lucas
4. Angela Bassett – Slater & Bronwyn
5. Kim Porter (with Sean P.Diddy Combs) – D’Lila Start & Jessie James
6. Mo’Nique – David & Jonathan
7. Pauletta Washington (with Denzel Washington) – Olivia & Malcolm
8. Garcelle Beauvais – Jax & Jaid
9. Zoe Saldana – Bowie & Cy
And because of the existing partnership and work Christine puts into the Disney Dreamers Academy, the special dad who rounds up the list is none other than