Season six of “Once Upon a Time” returns to ABC for its sixth season, today September 25th (8:00–9:00 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network. And guess who will be returning? Its classic villain—the Evil Queen. Last week, during the Queen of Katwe/ABC TV events, we got to get a sneak peek into some of our favorite ABC TV shows, and Once Upon a Time was one of them. Y’all…we got to watch the season 6 premiere episode!!! And while I would love to spill the beans on exactly what happened, it just won’t be the same when you watch it tonight. So I’m actually doing you a favor. But what I can tell you? It’s really good! Like…make sure you use the bathroom and get whatever you need before you start watching, good.
We sat down with Creators Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (“Lost,” “Tron: Legacy”) to discuss the Season 6 premiere and get the scoop on what fans can expect this season.
In the season premiere episode, “The Savior,” as our heroes set out to stop Hyde, Emma develops a mysterious side effect, and Storybrooke becomes a haven for people from the Land of Untold Stories. Meanwhile, Regina and Zelena embrace their newfound sisterhood by becoming roommates, while Rumple tries to free Belle from the sleeping Curse with the help of a stranger. In flashback, Jafar confronts an afflicted Aladdin in Agrabah, and a secret about the Savior is revealed.
It’s a lot going on. And not that you needed any additional reasons to watch the season 6 premiere that airs TONIGHT, but I’m going to give you 6 based off of our screening and exclusive interview we had with both Adam and Edward.
6 Reasons to Watch the Season 6 Premiere of Once Upon A Time
1. This episode explores the importance of belief and faith. I loved this quote from Edward Kitsis:
The thing about faith is you have to choose to have it. If you need proof, then you don’t really have it.
2. New and returning characters this season include: Cinderella, Aladdin, Jasmine, Jafar, Count of Monte Crisco and Captin Nemo. This season, we’ll also meet Cinderella’s wicked step-mother and step-sisters, and see a lot more of Jiminy Cricket.
3. This episode explores true love and how sometimes, that’s just not enough. This season will take a closer look at the dynamic of love between siblings, parent-child and romantic relationships.
4. The importance of family will be seen in this episode and throughout the season, which is really important to both Adam and Edward.
5. This whole sleeping curse thing that Belle is under? Whew…I wasn’t read for this surprise stranger that Rumple tries to seek help from!
6. This episode will definitely have you glued to your seat and wanting more! But that’s to be expected, right? 😉 Seriously, there were several twists and turns and it definitely kept me on my toes.
— Once Upon A Time (@OnceABC) September 25, 2016
About Once Upon a Time:
“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Rebecca Mader as the Wicked Witch/Zelena and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.
Guest starring are Raphael Sbarge as Archie Hopper/Jiminy Cricket, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Oded Fehr as Jafar, Deniz Akdeniz as Aladdin, Tarun Keram as Emir, Peter Marcin as Chief, Farris Tyab, Jordan Ashley Olson as Young Nurse/Oracle, Giles Matthey as Morpheus, Thomas Gasior as Musketeer #1, Ingrid Torrance as Nurse Ratchet, Hank Harris as Dr. Jekyll and Sam Witwer as Mr. Hyde.
For more information on “Once Upon a Time,” visit abc.com/Once.
Disclosure: On behalf of Disney, I was invited to attend an all-expense paid trip to cover the world premiere of Queen of Katwe, as well as other press events for ABC TV. As always, all opinions are my own.